METHODOLOGY STARTING

Digital journalism.

When this was first mentioned I was quite confused as to what exactly we had to do in this project as all the other times were presentation based project while this one was a video submission. I remember hearing about this when I was in one of Shauns labs the first time he mentioned it and I was confused by what he meant when he said video submission as I already looked through the topic titles and couldn’t see how any sort of video could be made out of it.I remember calling Shaun over that day and asking him if he could help me understand what exactly we had to do. 

He tried to explain it to me and gave me examples of things I could do like make an interview and record myself interviewing someone about one of the topics available.

I was a little iffy about the whole thing as I didn’t know what to talk about or who to do it with. Shaun had this thing where  he wouldn’t let u join up with the people you were with before. So by now I’ve been with my friends and have to go outside my group to pair up. After a few days I managed to meet up with one of my friends from a different group and we just randomly started talking about it. We decided we would pair up and get it done together which would help all of us out big time. W e left that day and we came back after the weekend. I met up with Abdi and he told me about his idea to make a screen recording of something we could make and then brought up the idea of us making a timeline. At first I was confused because that was completely opposite of the idea Shaun put in my head. We looked through the journal and all the topics and we still can’t seem to decide what to do for our projects. Bare in in mind whatever we do cannot be 1 second longer than 5 minutes. We decided to give it one more day of thought before we decided what exactly we wanted to do. 

So we left it till the next day.

Comments

Popular Posts