CULTURE STARTING

My Culture project.



The culture project that myself, Andy and Niamh decided to pick out was trolling. When I was first introduced to the idea my first reaction was to try and get YouTube as my topic as I am very familiar with the franchise. Unfortunately, we were not able to grab hold of YouTube and then went on to do trolling. I thought of trolling in a whole different way going into this project but as I sat down with my group to plan out how we were going to get stuff done and brainstorm I then was fed with the knowledge that trolling is not all about fun and games but that our main focus on the project was to talk and present the negative side and the darkness of trolling and how it is having an effect on the internet and people drastically. 
Trolling has two forms of ways it can be abbreviated. We have the fun side that I would like to explore more but which would involve things like pranks and other sorts of things. Although even though it is what I want we have to cover things like how it could be a problem. The ways we would have to speak about it would have to bring out like the dark side and how its affecting people like photoshopped images or voiceover videos down to anything that can be tampered with.

I Really look forward to working on the project and I am very happy with the group I have been assigned with as I believe we can all deliver a great presentation seeing as we put in the time and effort that is. We have brainstormed the topics we are going to use in the presentation and we have now divided between ourselves equally the work we have to do individually.
We are planning on creating a slideshow that we can present to the class to tell the differenced of the trolling we are all used to to the dark problems we are facing on the internet today.
We need to come up with an actual project-based activity to show us carrying out some sort of task to raise awareness of some sort. We haven’t exactly figured out what it is going to be as we are finding it hard to find a way to dark troll without directly affecting somebody.


Comments

Popular Posts